Life Lesson #1: I am MY own "best" friend. I don't know why I keep trying to give people chances to be my "best" friend. Let's take my current situation with KF. I have been talking to his cousin for a while. I would say we were friends. Good friends. We talk often, sometimes more than I talk to KF. We have good convos and I talk to him about things going on with me and KF and he tells me when I am tripping.
But today he told KF this whole story wrong and completely out of context.
Me = annoyed.
What did I tell his cousin? That me and KF have been arguing since the day he left, which is true. *sidebar*It really boggles my mind--we live together for a week and get along perfectly. He leaves and all we do is fight? Up until this week we had never even really argued for real.*end sidebar* Then I asked him if he knew what was going on with him. I also said that I did not think that it was fair that KF expects me to answer every question he asks me i.e. where I am, who I am with, what I am doing, etc; but about 45% of the time I ask him a question he doesn't want to answer. How did his cousin make it sound? Like I just called and complained to him that I don't like the way things are going with me and KF and the way he acts isn't fair. Does that sound like what I said? NO! Then his ghey excuse?? He didn't know that he wasn't supposed to tell KF!?
Yea, so I decided to solve the problem by not telling his cousin (or anyone else for that matter) anything about my relationship with KF. No one is really happy. Everyone thinks that it is gonna end badly. That may very well be true, but can I at least be happy for now??
1 comments:
Wait - is this the same cousin who displayed some bitchassness before?!
You know this is a prime example of how guys run their mouths worse than women sometimes! Women are portrayed as having loose lips...but quite a few men have diarrhea of the mouth these days and I hate that shit. Besides blogging girl, I rarely discuss my relationship with anyone, because that's not up to critique. So I understand where you're coming from on that front. Good times, bad times, keep it to yourself because when you invite other people in, they will take it for granted, I guarantee it.
Now, you and KF arguing..what are the arguments about?? Big stuff, little stuff? Obviously if you told someone else (other than KF) you were frustrated. Give KF a chance to participate in the relationship. You've got to talk to him. You've got to stop talking to other people. For some reason people love nothing more than to be in the middle of a domestic dispute. Not I.
Post a Comment